TITLE: HCC Support Staff
WAGE: $8/hour with $.50 raise each year
HCC Support Staff have two main areas of responsibility—staffing the HCC Info Desk and supporting events at the HCC.
Info Desk duties include:
- Providing information about the Convergence Center, and the UMW campus in general
- Managing checkout of camera, video, and other equipment
- Tracking usage and managing reservations of HCC spaces
- Providing basic IT support for technology in HCC spaces (e.g. troubleshooting conference room control panels, fixing printer jams in public printers, setting up phone for conference call)
- Performing regular upkeep tasks as assigned (e.g. equipment inventory and maintenance, website updates, managing HCC digital signs)
Event Support duties include:
- Setting up tables, chairs, and lecterns for events
- Providing basic AV support for events in the HCC (e.g. setting up microphones, cameras, etc.)
- Minimum GPA: 2.5
- Comfortable with providing basic IT support
- Basic computer literacy and willingness to learn new digital tools
- Frequent light lifting (less than 20 lbs.) required
- Some customer service experience preferred
SUPERVISOR: Cartland Berge, HCC Building Manager
*New hires to the HCC Support Staff spend their first semester primarily working Event Support (~4 hours per week). Returning staff have the opportunity to work more hours at the Info Desk with only occasional Event Support work (8-10 hours per week).
NOTE: Positions are very limited, and aides are usually hired at the end of the spring semester for the Summer and following academic year.
If you are interested in applying, please fill out the form below.