The Hurley Convergence Center is taking a number of precautions to help limit the spread of COVID, so the building looks a little different this year.
A summary of some of the changes can be found below.
Mask and Cleaning Requirements
- As with all spaces on campus, masks are required at all times in the HCC.
- Visitors are required to wipe down their computer or desk area after use (wipes available at the Info Desk).
Hours and Access Changes
- The HCC has reduced hours, and is not accessible overnight. Building hours are posted on the sidebar of this page.
- Offices and services in the building also have adjusted hours. The hours pages for various offices are linked on the HCC Hours page.
- The Charnoff Production Studio and Multimedia Editing Lab are closed.
- The capacity of each room has been reduced to allow for social distancing.
- Capacity limits have been set for the public spaces on each floor of the building.
- Furniture has been set up for social distancing. Capacity is limited to the seating available.
- Moving or adding furniture is not permitted.
- HCC rooms are not available for reservation.
- All seating is on a first come, first served basis.
- Computers have been moved to different locations throughout the building to allow safe use.
- The Digital Auditorium has been converted to a large PC computer lab. Students are welcome to use this lab at any time that it is not in use for a class.
- Users should follow these steps when using any computer in the HCC:
- Sanitize your hands before and after computer use.
- Clean the computer by squeezing out a wipe, and then cleaning the keyboard, mouse and work surfaces before and after use.
- All equipment checked out from the HCC Info Desk is cleaned before and after checkout.
- The selection of equipment available for checkout has been reduced:
- Students can still checkout laptops, cameras, microphones, and other essential items.
- Markers, game consoles, chargers, and other non-essential or short-term loan items are not available for check out.