The Hurley Convergence Center has spaces and services to support a variety of types of media development and production.
Multimedia Editing Lab – HCC 116
The lab contains five iMacs with dual displays and a full complement of audio and video editing software for editing and producing complex media projects.
- An audio recording booth (the Vocal Booth) is available in this lab for recording “screencasts”, voiceovers, podcasts, or other small-scale audio recordings.
- Microphones (USB and XLR) are available for checkout from the Info Desk (see below).
- Reservations suggested.
Charnoff Production Studio – HCC 115
- The Advanced Media Production Studio supports lecture capture and professional-grade media productions. There are two HD and one 4K video camera on the studio floor. Various microphones are available for a variety of recording configurations.
- Before using the studio, students are required to complete training through the DKC. Once trained, students names are added to a list of those approved to reserve and use the room. Reservations are required and must occur during Info Desk hours.
- Solid-state hard drives (for storing media files) are available to checkout from the Information Desk and use in the studio.
Mini Studio – HCC 131
The mini studio contains a green screen and basic lightning for simple video and photography projects. Student are expected to bring their own equipment to the space. Students can checkout video or photography kits from the Info Desk.
Training Lab — HCC 130
When not scheduled for meetings or classes, room 130 is an open lab space containing 16 dual-boot iMacs. Some media editing software is available on these machines (iMovie, Garage Band, Windows Movie Maker, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
Media Equipment Checkout
Various equipment is available for checkout in the Convergence Center for media production and consumption.
Info Desk – HCC 2nd floor
The Info Desk, located on the 2nd floor of the building, is staffed by students and provides media equipment for checkout during staffed hours.
All checkout is completed using the Library system; a valid EagleOne card is required. Checkout periods vary from item to item. Please see the equipment checkout page for a list of all things you can check out.
Support & Training
Info Desk – HCC 2nd floor
The Info Desk provides equipment checkout and access to the studio (for those students who have been trained and approved to use the room).
Digital Knowledge Center – HCC 407
The Digital Knowledge Center provides peer tutoring for students needing assistance with media production and editing. Appointments are not required but are suggested.
Whenever a consultant is available, walk-in support is also available.
Digital Learning Support
DLS provides consulting and development for faculty who are interested in learning more about media production or who would like to incorporate media assignments into their courses. Staff in DLS are available to meet one-on-one with faculty to discuss their goals and develop a plan.